Co-Chairs of the Commission on Environment
The Commission on Environment work is lead by two co-chairs. The co-chairs are Mr Mikko Jokinen, city of Turku, Finland and Dace Liepniece from the City of Liepaja, Latvia. The co-chairs are elected at Commission on Environment meetings for a two year period.
In order to broaden the contacts and experience in the work, the commission on environment has created an Advisory Board consisting of two co-chairmen and so called national contact persons (one per country) and the Head of the Secretariat of EnvCom.
The task for the advisory board and contact persons is: “To support the UBC Commission on Environment by bringing national expertise and recommendations to the planning process. For example, commenting on implementation projects, on policy related issues, national expertise and similar. They can also support the work of EnvCom by bringing up themes and topics they consider important for the Environmental Bulletin and Commission on Environment meetings”.
Members of the UBC EnvCom Advisory Board (February 2008)
- Mr Kari Porra, Director of the Environmental Department, City of Lahti Finland
- Mr Tönu Tuppits, Director of the Environmental Department, City of Tallinn Estonia
- Ms Zane Silina, Chief Project Manager, City of Tukums Latvia
- Ms Vilija Guzyte, City of Kaunas Lithuania
- Mr Maciej Lorek, Director of the Environmental Department, City of Gdansk Poland
- Mr Thorsten Geiβler, Senator and Second Deputy Mayor, Hanseatic City of Lubeck Germany
- Ms Merete Dissing Pedersen, Director of the Environmental Department, City of Kolding Denmark
- Norway still open
- Sweden still open
- Russia still open
Further information from Mr Björn Grönholm, firstname.lastname@example.org