Projects & Actions
The Environment and Sustainable Development Secretariat assists local authorities in the Baltic Sea Region to initiate, apply and run projects on variety of sustainability topics. The themes and actions in the project are tailor made for the needs of the project partners to assist the ongoing process in the local authorities towards sustainable development.
The most recent projects cover for example topics of stakeholder involvement, waste water management, integrated management, transport and governance. More information can be found on current and old projects pages. The UBC Commission on Environment continuously follows and promotes the policy impacts of the ongoing and also past projects. It offers a good channel for the impacts to have a real impact on different levels of actors.
- CH4LLENGE - Adressing Key Challenges of Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning
- CIVITAS-DYN@MO - Dynamic Citizens Active for Sustainable Mobility
- QUEST - Quality management tool for Urban Energy efficient Sustainable Transport
- SmartComp – Smart competitiveness for the Central Baltic region
- NET-COM - Networking the Covenant of Mayors
- PRESTO - Project on Reduction of the Eutrophication of the Baltic Sea TOday
- PURE - Project on Urban Reduction of Eutrophication
- ELTISplus - promoting and enhancing sustainable urban mobility across Europe
- Green Citizens of Europe - Innovative tools and methods for interactive and creative citizens in a green city (GREENCIT)
- BSR InnoShip project – Baltic Sea cooperation for reducing ship and port emissions
- LVRLAC - Lake Victoria Region Local Authorities Co-operation